Special Forces Soldier Decapitates ISIS Terrorist with Spade During Six Hour Gunfight

After a special forces unit was ambushed by ISIS militants during a patrol, a six-hour gunfight reportedly ensued, leading the soldiers to take cover in a nearby farm. As the battle raged on, the special forces unit began running short on ammo as the ISIS fighters began taunting them, but the soldiers refused to give up.

According to a report by the Daily Mail, the incident took place six weeks ago in eastern Afghanistan, not long after British SAS soldiers attended a meeting with Taliban fighters who are now aligning themselves with the Afghan government.

The Brits were ambushed by ISIS militants, forcing them to take refuge in a nearby farm while they worked to pick off their attackers.

As the fight raged on, the SAS unit began running short on ammo, leading them to radio for air support. However, they weren’t certain whether their call for assistance was received.

Fearing help wasn’t on the way, the soldiers reportedly made a pact, promising to fight to the death instead of risking capture and subsequent torture, and possible public execution over video.

Some of the ISIS militants spoke English and began taunting the Brits, claiming they would decapitate them and send their heads back home to their wives.

According to one source, “The SAS thought they had seen their last day. They made a pact that they wouldn’t be taken alive and vowed to fight to the death.”

The source continued, “Capture would mean torture and a filmed execution, and they weren’t prepared to let that happen.”

“They made every bullet count,” the source added, “And, when they ran low on ammo, they waited for the jihadis to get close enough so they could be killed with grenades or using rifles as clubs – that was when one of the SAS managed to kill a man with a spade.”

The SAS soldier reportedly decapitated the ISIS militant with the spade and then took the terrorist’s weapon to continue the fight.

Just as it seemed that the SAS unit would be overrun, two US Apache helicopters entered the area, leading the jihadis to withdraw. A Chinook quickly followed, retrieving the SAS soldiers and bringing them to safety.

By the time help arrived, the SAS soldiers were reportedly out of ammunition.